“French 75” sorbet

 Recipe of the Month – January 2022

“French 75” sorbet

My father was an Army artillery officer so of course my go to cocktail is a French 75. A classic cocktail made with Champagne. I had my first one at Arnaud’s French 75 Bar in New Orleans.  Invented in 1915 at Harrys’s  New York Bar in Paris. It was named for the fast firing 75 millimeter field gun used by the French in World War I , supposedly having  a similar direct and powerful kick.  It can be made with either gin or brandy but my preference is gin, but try both to determine your favorite. 
To good times with great food & drinks
 Patty

Ingredients:

1        2 tablespoons lemon juice

2       4 ¾ ounces champagne

3       3 tablespoons gin

4       ½ cup sugar

5       2 cups boiling water

Instructions:.

In a heat proof bowl pour the water over the sugar to dissolve.  Add the lemon juice and gin and put in refrigerator for several hours to cool.  Add the champagne and freeze in an ice cream freezer.  When ready to serve garnish with a little lemon zest.

Comments